Summer Camp Jr. Instructor/Counselor Application
As you know from your camp experiences, Karate Camp is a ton of fun. When you first went to camp you were probably nervous, but it quickly turned into a very memorable experience. You probably even remember the Junior Counselor you had your first year. That leadership role, along with the Junior Instructors, is so important to ensuring they find it just as memorable and positive. If you’re filling out this form, it means your Sensei thinks that you have the potential to fulfill that role and be an important leader for our Karate Camp. It’s a big responsibility and it certainly comes with its rewards, but before you fill it out, please read our guidelines and know what is expected of you. Can’t wait to see you at camp!
-Sensei Collin Stroup
Guidelines For Jr. Counselors And Instructors
- You are expected to be at every scheduled activity during camp on time. Counselors must ensure their campers are there on time as well.
- Ensure all campers are following safety procedures.
- If a camper is going anywhere, especially during activities, somebody must know where they are going and somebody must be taking them there.
- Be positive and always make sure the campers are having a good time without conflicting with the other rules.
- You must attend the Jr. Counselor/Instructor meeting Sunday at 1:00pm.
- You must stay until all of your campers are checked out on the final day and help clean their cabin areas and your own.
Guidelines Just For Jr. Counselors
- Before taking your campers anywhere, you must count out all of your campers and THEN be dismissed by your head counselor.
- If your camper needs to see a nurse, you must notify your head counselor. Depending on the situation, they will either contact the nurse to come or instruct you to take the camper to the nurse while they watch your campers.
If Guidelines Are Broken
We have a very simple rule for breaking our guidelines. You will get one warning and after that, if any of these guidelines are broken, then you will be replaced. While we want you to have a great time at camp, the most important rule as a camp leader is that the campers come first. We have some terrific things planned for those that follow our guidelines including extra downtime, night time games, special evening classes, and more just for Jr. Counselors and Instructors!