Summer Camp Policies and Checklist
ADAMSON’S KARATE CAMP INFORMATION
Adamson’s Karate seeks to develop strong, confident, independent young people. Parents are not allowed to visit during camp. Your camper will have a junior counselor directly responsible for them and a head counselor. We have licensed nurses on our Adamson’s staff.
FFA LEADERSHIP CENTER OFFICE HOURS ARE FROM 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Phone #: (317) 878-5464 (Please limit calls to emergencies only.)
REGISTRATION WILL BE IN THE OCTOGON BUILDING ON SUNDAY.
You MUST provide transportation for your child to and from the camp.
Campers who are eligible for early check in should arrive at 3:00 pm.
All other campers should arrive at 4:00 pm.
(PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 3:00 PM)
All medications need to be in a clear Ziploc bag, labeled with camper name, medication name, time to be given and medication instructions. Medications will be checked in with the nurse upon check-in. If your child receives medications at multiple times per day, please use separate bags for medications for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Bedtime, and/or As Needed. Medications listed on medical wavier MUST match medications given at camp.
We will have generic antihistamines and pain relievers/fever reducers on hand.
Shaving cream will also be turned in at check-in.
ELECTRONICS AT CAMP
Only campers and staff 16 years and older will be allowed cell phones or electronics at camp. We have a FaceBook page called Adamson's Karate Summer Camp please request to join so you can see the pictures that will be posted each day.
REMEMBER, CAMP COUNTS FOR CLASS HOURS AND AS EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES!
Please check with your Sensei on how many class hours they will count camp for.
PICK UP FOR HALF WEEK CAMPERS.
Half week campers need to be picked up on Tuesday evening by 6:00 in the cafeteria. Their belongings will be there waiting with them.
ON FRIDAY MORNING, AT 10:30 AM THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL PORGRAM PRESENTED BY THE CAMPERS.
PARENTS ARE URGED TO ATTEND!
Campers and Senior Instructors will present demos of what they learned over the week.
All campers, including Jr. Counselors and Instructors, are required to attend the program.
You must check out with the head counselor of your child’s cabin after the program, do not leave straight from the demo!
YOUR CHILD WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP DIRECTLY FOLLOWING FRIDAY’S PROGRAM.
All campers must be picked up by 12:00 NOON.
A late fee of $25 will be charged for each 15 minutes after 12:00 noon. Please be prompt! We will have been there all week with 150 kids and we will NEED to go home.
Remember to check out with your head counselor and to check the lost and found before you leave! Anything left at camp will be donated to those in need.
Failure to follow the rules of the camp may result in dismissal from the camp.
Failure to follow the directions of your counselors may result in dismissal from the camp.
Any vandalism will result in dismissal from the camp.
NO Refunds will be given!
THERE IS A DANCE THURSDAY NIGHT!
Don’t forget to bring a costume that fits our camp theme for the dance! (Must meet dress code.)
- Must have eye protection that covers the entire eye. Safety goggles, airsoft goggles/glasses, and paintball masks work best. Sunglasses will not be allowed as eye protection.
- SPRING WEAPONS ONLY. No CO2 or electric.
- Everyone must bring their own spring pistol and we encourage you to bring a spring rifle or shotgun as well.
- Must be a black belt or 13 and up to play.
- Biodegradable pellets only.
CHECK THE ATTACHED CHECKLIST FOR A DETAILED LIST OF WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING FOR CAMP:
PLEASE PUT YOUR CHILD’S NAME ON EVERYTHING!
SUMMER CAMP CHECK LIST
PLEASE PUT YOUR CHILD’S NAME ON EVERYTHING!!!
- Two pairs of shoes: One pair of sneakers or sandals that strap on for working out AND one pair of sandals, flip flops, etc. that can get very wet.
- A change of clothes for every day. (We recommend shorts and t-shirts) Please check the dress code to see what is appropriate to wear for camp.
- Their karate belt. (They MUST wear their karate belts during the morning and afternoon classes!)
- Something appropriate to wear to the dance on Thursday night. (Costumes that follow the theme AND our dress code!)
- Raincoat or poncho
- Swimsuit(s) (NO bikini type swimsuits for girls and NO speedo type swimsuit for boys)
- Towels (3 are recommended)
- Sleeping bag and pillow or sheets, blanket and pillow.
- Dirty clothes bag (preferably a large mesh bag)
- Comb, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, soap, washcloth, towel, etc. (Everyone is required to shower, brush teeth daily! Otherwise it’s gonna be a gross week)
- A water bottle (with their name on it!) Every child MUST have a water bottle.
- Sunscreen AND bug spray
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- 1 can of aerosol NON-MENTHOL shaving cream. (One can per child for the shaving cream fight) This will be turned in at check-in.
- OPTIONAL ITEM: disposable camera
- OPTIONAL ITEM: water gun (Almost everyone at camp, including the counselors will have some kind of water gun. Anything from a water-pistol to a backpack super-soaker is acceptable!) PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON THESE. Water guns can only be used at specific times when allowed by counselors and are NOT allowed to be used indoors.
- WEAPONS FOR CLASSES: If you sign up for a class that uses weapons, and you have weapons at home, please bring them. (bo, kama, si, airsoft, etc.) Also, if you sign up for a class where you will need your sparring gear, then bring it. If you are not sure what to bring, check with your sensei.
- SHODAN HOS: bring all gear you need for boot camps (rubber and wooden nunchaku, headgear, handpads, mouthguard, chest protector, history book, etc.)
- MEDICATIONS: if your child will need to take medications during camp, please make sure that they are listed correctly on their medical wavier. If there are any changes to medications between turning in the wavier and summer camp, please let us know! Information given on wavier MUST match medications given at camp. All medications need to be in a clear Ziploc bag, labeled with camper name, medication name, time to be given and medication instructions. Medications will be checked in with the nurse upon check-in. If your child receives medications at multiple times per day, please use separate bags for medications for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and/or Bedtime.
DO NOT SEND SNACKS WITH YOUR CHILD. SNACKS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT CAMP. THE FFA CAMP DOES NOT ALLOW CAMPERS TO HAVE SNACKS. DO NOT BRING POCKET KNIVES, BB GUNS, HATCHETS, SLINGSHOTS, PAINTBALL GUNS, ETC. DO NOT BRING BALLOONS. (THE FFA CAMP DOES NOT ALLOW WATER BALLOON FIGHTS.) DO NOT BRING JEWELRY OR OTHER VALUABLES TO CAMP.
THE DRESS CODE FOR CAMP IS AS FOLLOWS:
T-shirts, shorts, shoes or sandals are to be worn at ALL times, except while swimming. No spaghetti-strap tank tops will be allowed. Tank tops with sleeves at least three-fingers thick will be allowed, however no undergarments should be showing underneath. No suggestive, harassing, or degrading t-shirts will be allowed. NO bare-midriff tops. Shorts must not be too short and shirts must not be too low cut. All undergarments should be covered.